ASTM International provides guidelines, standards, and testing procedures that ensure product and packaging safety. The standards set forth by ASTM are accepted globally. Keystone Package Testing has transit testing capabilities for many ASTM Standards.
Most ASTM Standards are guidelines for testing procedures. It is up to the lab and client to develop pass and fail standards that will meet the specific needs of the client. In some cases, there will be other standards that define the success or failure of a product during testing and then testing will be done accordingly. For standards such as ASTM D4169, the guideline itself defines pass/fail standards. Our testing engineers will work with you to customize testing for your specific needs. Many ASTM standards require conditioning or preconditioning. Keystone is equipped with 15 chambers, including our 10’x10’ walk in chamber, so that your test won’t be delayed due to conditioning requirements. We can accommodate a wide variety of products and complete testing in a timely manner.
Listed below are some of the most common standards that we test to for packaging. If you are looking for a specific standard that is not listed here, please contact us!
- ASTM D3101 Thermal Insulation Performance of Distribution Packages
- ASTM D3580 Vibration (Vertical Linear Motion) Test of Products
- ASTM D4168 Transmitted Shock Characteristics of Foam-in-Place Cushioning Materials
- ASTM D4169 Performance Testing of Shipping Containers and Systems
- ASTM D4332 Conditioning Containers, Packages, or Packaging Components for Testing
- ASTM D4728 Random Vibration of Shipping Containers
- ASTM D5112 Vibration (Horizontal Linear Motion) Test of Products
- ASTM D5276 Drop Test of Loaded Containers by Free Fall
- ASTM D5331 Evaluation of Mechanical Handling of Unitized Loads Secured with Stretch Wrap Films
- ASTM D5487 Simulated Drop of Loaded Containers by Shock Machines
- ASTM D6055 Mechanical Handling of Unitized Loads and Large Shipping Cases and Crates
- ASTM D6179 Rough Handling of Unitized Loads and Large Shipping Cases and Crates
- ASTM D6344 Concentrated Impacts to Transport Packages
- ASTM D642 Determining Compressive Resistance of Shipping Containers, Components, and Unit Loads
- ASTM D6537 Instrumented Package Shock Testing for Determination of Package Performance
- ASTM D6633 Basic Functional Stability of a Mechanical Pump Dispenser
- ASTM D6653 Determining the Effects of High Altitude on Packaging Systems by Vacuum Method
- ASTM D6654 Basic Storage Stability of a Mechanical Pump Dispenser
- ASTM D7386 Performance Testing of Packages for Single Parcel Delivery Systems
- ASTM D880 Impact Testing for Shipping Containers and Systems
- ASTM D951 Water Resistance of Shipping Containers by Spray Method
- ASTM D999 Vibration Testing of Shipping Containers
- ASTM F1980 Standard Guide for Accelerated Aging of Sterile Barrier Systems for Medical Devices
- ASTM F2054 Burst Testing of Flexible Package Seals Using Internal Air Pressurization Within Restraining Plates
- ASTM F2096 Detecting Gross Leaks in Packaging by Internal Pressurization (Bubble Test)
- ASTM F2559 Writing a Specification for Sterilizable Peel Pouches
- ASTM F2825 Climatic Stressing of Packaging Systems for Single Parcel Delivery
Keystone Package Testing is proud to provide customers with reliable testing and reports. With international accreditation, competitive pricing, and quick turnaround time, Keystone is the right package testing partner. Our testing engineers are experienced and have thorough knowledge of industry standards. They are prepared to guide you through the package testing process. Let’s get started! Request a quote or contact us at (724) 657-9940.