ISTA Series 1: Non-Simulation Integrity Performance Tests
ISTA Series 1 are the most basic category of performance tests, defined as Non-Simulation Integrity Performance Tests. The tests challenge the strength and robustness of the product and package combination. They are not simulations of actual transport hazards. They will not necessarily comply with carrier packaging regulations. ISTA transit testing can help shorten package development time and increase confidence in product launches. The products will be better protected resulting in less damage during transportation and less returns which leads to higher profits. Less damage will increase customer satisfaction.
Series 1 protocols can reasonably be expected to be screening tests. Screening tests are used to avoid serious problems in shipment, usually damage to the product. Screening can limit the chances of serious transportation damage. The tests are widely accepted and beneficial.
Series 1 tests challenge the strength and robustness of the product and package combination. The tests are not designed to simulate environmental occurrences. Particularly useful as screening tests especially when used as a consistent benchmark over time.
The tests included in this series are:
- ISTA 1A Packaged-Products weighing 150 lb (68 kg) or Less
- ISTA 1B Packaged-Products weighing Over 150 lb (68 kg)
- ISTA 1C Extended Testing for Individual Packaged-Products weighing 150 lb (68 kg) or Less
- ISTA 1E Unitized Loads
- ISTA 1G Packaged-Products weighing 150 lb (68 kg) or Less (Random Vibration)
- ISTA 1H Packaged-Products weighing Over 150 lb (68 kg) (Random Vibration)
Keystone Package Testing is equipped and experienced in testing to these standards.